Accomplished medical education and sales training executive with demonstrated ability to design and implement strategic medical education initiatives and build sales training programs from the ground up. Background includes cultivating strategic relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), developing speakers, and collaborating cross-functionally with internal key decision makers. Possess broad therapeutic expertise in medical devices and pharmaceuticals. Excels at identifying areas for operational excellence and creating programs to drive performance, increase efficiencies, increase sales revenue, and meet corporate objectives.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Developing Medical Education Programs
• National Sales Training
• Launching New Departments
• Strategic Planning
• Clinical Training in the OR
• KOL Relationships
• Medical Devices
• International Experience
• Process Development
EBIX, Hartford, CT
Sales Director - Life Sciences Medical Education and Sales Training
NOVADAQ, Inc., Hartford, CT 2014 – 2016
Director of Medical Education and Sales Training
Created, launched, and managed newly formed Medical Education and Sales Training departments supporting U.S. and Canadian operations. Served in dual roles of Director of Medical Education and Director of Sales Training.
• Designed and delivered medical education initiatives and sales training programs on innovative fluorescent imaging system with clinical applications in breast reconstruction, colorectal, esophagectomy, limb salvage, vascular, cardiac, and wound care.
• Collaborated cross-functionally with teams from marketing, clinical education, sales, regulatory, and legal on key initiatives to drive product revenue and achieve corporate goals.
• Spearheaded development and execution of local and regional medical education events and high profile national medical education summits attended by surgeons and clinicians. Programs impacted over 2,400 attendees and increased sales revenue by 22%.
• Cultivated relationships with KOLs to engage in strategic clinical conversations and build advocacy for medical education initiatives.
• Developed and implemented sales training and on-boarding program for fast growing U.S. and Canadian sales force which grew to 200 sales representatives from 60 in less than one year.
• Launched the Challenger Sales process, Field Sales Trainer program, Train the Trainer certifications, and Management Development programs, reducing turnover rate by 36% in 2015.
• Launched on-line curriculum and strategy design for sales training programs increasing learner engagement by 64% in 2015.
• Designed Interview and Hiring guide used by all hiring sales managers.
• Began career as a Sales Training Manager and was promoted within six weeks of joining the company and managing a team of 3 direct reports.
Ethicon, Hartford, CT 2011 – 2014
Sr. Hernia Thoracic Bariatric Sales Executive
Drove sales of hernia, thoracic, and bariatric products to General, Colorectal, Bariatric, and Thoracic surgeons throughout CT, NY, and MA.
• Delivered clinical education and product training to surgeons in the OR.
• Successfully accomplished competitive conversions of mesh, fixation, biologics, and endo-mechanical stapling devices.
• Selected for sales training, talent, and leadership development committees.
• Achieved status as Certified SoTM (soft tissue management) Speaker; trained to speak on endo-mechanical devices.
• Leveraged strong physician relationships to recruit and develop speakers for local speaker programs.
• Ranked #1 of 75 in US for the launch of hernia fixation and winner of the Watch Club Award and Objective Buster Award for Northeast in 2012.
Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Hartford, CT 2008 – 2011
Territory Sales Manager
Marketed and sold portf...
Login or Register to view the full resume.